Investment in education and training should be seen as key to a country's economic and social development, which is why it is important to contribute with the combined efforts so that more people who are in a process of technical learning at a higher level, have the impetus to continue expanding their knowledge.
"Young Leaders" is a project focused on promoting spaces for academic and professional training of young Latin Americans. Through different lines of action which allow them to access training or professional updating in water-related topics, it has six (06) different lines of work. Focused on developing the full potential of young people because in ALADYR we prepare the present to seek a sustainable future for water, making our young people leaders for the industry and society.
The project puts forward the following lines of action:
This line of work incorporates young people in ALADYR’s and allied associations events, with the purpose of achieving development, updating, and apprehension of knowledge on Desalination, Reuse, and Treatment of water and effluents.
- Participating in training activities with active professionals in the industry.
- Updating your knowledge with internationally recognized and experienced experts.
- Generate strategic relationships with future benefit for the development of your professional career.
- Get to know other young people with similar interests. This leads to integration into spaces and actions of value for their academic training.
- Receive our Magazine "Aguas Latinoamérica". As well as technical papers and access to ALADYR virtual library.
- By being part of the young people benefited by the program, through the sponsorship of companies, you can automatically apply to GENERACIÓN H2O at no cost during the first year. As long as they comply with the stipulated conditions.
Requirements for participating in Youth Space
- Depending on the funds obtained, the expenses corresponding to the registration of local young students in the ALADYR events (SEMINARS AND CONGRESSES) will be paid. A maximum of ten (10) students per event.
- If there are more than ten (10) applicants, those with the best academic average will be chosen.
- Apply individually or in a group through a reference from your university
This line of work is oriented to the synergy between ALADYR and the Academy (universities, institutes, internship programs, and similar) to provide young people with more and better tools to prepare them as the next professional leaders in water management.
- Be a candidate for internships in ALADYR partner companies.
- Publish work and research in the ALADYR media.
- Request financial support to participate in local events of ALADYR partner entities.
- Guided tours to plants and companies in the sector.
- Develop a dissertation, thesis, and similar work, with an ALADYR mentor. "Mentors within our members".
- Apply for financial and technical support (creation of teams) for the development of research of interest and linkage with ALADYR.
- Be a candidate to present presentations and technical papers at ALADYR events.
- Apply for scholarships and national and international awards.
Requirements for participation in Generation H2O
- Be up to date with the payment of the annuity that credits you as an ALADYR member.
- Submit the academic record, which must exceed 80% of the college's stipulated grade range. This condition will be subject to evaluation.
- You'll be requested to submit technical papers and articles of your interest to be published in a special section of the "Aguas Latinoamérica" Magazine
- You must submit a letter of recommendation issued by the university to which you currently belong.
Young Leaders throughout Latin America.
We'll have more this year…
Participar de ALADYR, ayudar en la organización de algunos eventos, asistir a los congresos, seminarios y webinars, y adquirir los conocimientos que entrega, ha sido una muy buena experiencia, que la recomiendo de todas maneras a todos los estudiantes o recién egresados de carreras relacionadas con el agua.
-- Ignacio Monardes, ITECK
How to Help?
Contributing to the care of water and the environment, sustainable development, and education is possible through the donations we receive from legal entities and individuals. These allows us to develop different campaigns and projects that we carry out in ALADYR for the sustainable management of water in Latin America.
If you are interested in contributing to our cause, we have several ways you can support us:
- Corporate Support
- Academic Support
Write to us, and we will tell you how to participate.